Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

Alien Swarm free on Steam

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Alien Swarm free on Steam July 19th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=603izhzohos

Alien Swarm

Two years ago Valve hired the talented team behind the popular top down co-op mod Alien Swarm. Since then they have been busy working on the Left 4 Dead Series, and now Portal 2. However, we never forgot about Alien Swarm and the team has spent a lot of time bringing the game to Source in between their contributions to the other Valve projects. On Monday, July 19th Alien Swarm is going to be released for free via Steam. In addition to the game, Valve will also release the complete code base for Alien Swarm. This includes updates to the Source engine SDK and full Steamworks integration. If you’ve ever thought about developing a mod on the Source engine with Steamworks, this release provides more insight and examples for using Steamworks in game production. Please visit Alien Swarm for more information.
    Release date this monday! (19th july) Some features: Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective Complete game code and mod tools Unlock persistent items by gaining levels Over 40 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations 4 unique classes and 8 unique characters Matchmaking, Steam Cloud, Steam Stats 64 achievements Tile-based map generation tool Powered by Source and Steam

Specs needed: Minimum: OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card Recommended: OS: Windows® 7 / Vista / Vista64 / XP Processor: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with Shader model 3.0. NVidia 7600, ATI X1600 or better Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

• Bob
      Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Re: Alien Swarm free on Steam July 19th

Note: This is NOT the same game as the UT2K4 mod found here: Alien Swarm - Download

Alien Swarm version 1.3 16th Dec 2005

Alien Swarm requires UT2004 (if you're looking for the recently announced Alien Swarm: Infested, that is still in development. Stay tuned to the site for updates).
      Download the latest version of Alien Swarm from one of the mirrors below. Read changelog.

• Vince
      Vince commented
      Editing a comment
      Re: Alien Swarm free on Steam from Devs of L4D series

ooo perfect since sc2 beta ends tomorrow

• Bob
      Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      Re: Alien Swarm free on Steam July 19th

This game will unlock in approximately 2 hours
      Who wants to try this out around 10 EST when I'm home from work?

Eric what's your steam? Add me: Steam Community :: ID :: [FYM]Mugatu
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X