Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

Weekly Broke Ass Previews - 6/6/10

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Weekly Broke Ass Previews - 6/6/10

This week I'm starting a new weekly article in which I'll be previewing all the upcoming game releases of the next week. Of course I don't have the money to buy all of these games and try them so I'll be reviewing them based on what I do know, the title. They always say you can't judge a book by it's cover, but they never said anything about it's title.

The goal of my reviews is to save you money because like me you probably don't have the money to waste on shitty games so after a very in depth review I'll give a final verdict on whether you should buy the game, rent it, pirate it, or grab the nearest 55 gallon drum and use it to start a hobo fire.

June 6th, 2010
    Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi
    (PC)
    An expansion to a WW2 strategy game adding a bunch of new features to a game I've never heard of. Generally I would say pirate it, but it turns out not every game company is ran by greedy bastards (Blizzard I'm looking at you) and this expansion is actually free to download like they all should be.

Verdict: BUY IT (from Steam, GamersGate, or Impulse where it's free)
    June 7th, 2010
    Sin and Punishment 2
    (Wii)
    Pretty sure this is an S&M simulator and it's for the Wii so you know it's graphic. Use your wiimote to attach nipple clamps to your slave and you can use the Motion Plus for even more realistic gimp paddling.

Verdict: Perfect stocking stuffer for the little ones this Christmas season BUY IT
    June 8th, 2010

Green Day: Rock Band
    (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)

Another Rock Band and/or Guitar Hero game with a band name attached to it so they can put them out faster, great! This time it's Green Day because we all know how complicated Green Day songs are. A standard Rock Band/Guitar Hero game might have been fun instead the most fun way to play this game is on mute while trying to guess which song you're playing, they've very different.

Verdict: 3 members, 3 chords, 1 franchise that needs to stop trying to drain everyone's wallet KILL WITH FIRE
    Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
    (PC)

OOOHHHH BOY! A PC port of a game that's already on the PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii. Have you heard of the Internet? Find this game on it.

Verdict: PIRATE IT

Pure Football
    (Xbox 360, PS3)

Soccer... I mean football... I mean futball...? Fuck I don't even know anymore, this game has 2 covers and 2 titles. The only thing I know for sure is this game sucks worse than a banana sweatband, which I also don't know what is but it sounds Brazilian heueueheueheu

Verdict: FIRE

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
    (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
    Here's a snoozefest of a sport turned into a game yet again. This game is available on all 3 systems so if you want to look like a fag while you play get it for the Wii and if you want to be a fag get this game. Seriously, unless Mario and Link show up fuck golf and fuck this game.

Mega Man Zero Collection
    (Nintendo DS)
    Mega Man, now here's something I can get behind. 4 games for the price of 1 and you can take them with you. If it were only 1 it would probably be a rent, but for 4 that's a steal plus with how hard the zero series is you might not need to buy another game this year.

Verdict: BUY
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    (PSP)
    Metal Gear Solid is great... on the PS3. This game is might be good but the AC!D series has taught me that if you take Solid Snake with you, you end up just playing cards.

Verdict: RENT
    Satisfashion
    (Wii)
    This game teaches you that when you combine the word satisfaction with fashion you're gay. This game is actually a flash game where you drag clothes onto a manikin ported to the Wii. I'm serious, I fucking researched it. You can play it if you want to: Play Satisfashion Free Online | Big Fish Games

Vacation Isle: Beach Party
    (Wii)
    Wow here's a fun game. You can use the wii fit balance board to hula dance and then buy cool stuff to decorate your island!! What would be cool is if you could build a volcano on your island and sacrifice yourself for spending money on this instead of something useful, like meth.

Disgaea Infinite
    (PSP)
    This is a series that's been around for a while. It's basically Final Fantasy Tactics with characters from the other Disgaea games. If you're someone who likes to complete a game 100% stay the fuck away from this series or your life is over. In the first one you could take your characters to level 999 or something ridiculous like that.

Verdict: BUY and pickup extra batteries
    Let's Play Ballerina
    (Wii)
    You play a Ballerina. That's about all I know. Maybe you use the balance board.

Call of Duty: The War Collection
    (Xbox 360)
    Call of Duty 2, 3, and World at War. Normally I'm a fan of bundles but unless you've never played these games don't waste your money and if you that is the case just rent it. Everyone's playing Modern Warfare.

Verdict: RENT
    June 9th, 2010
    Dungeon Fighter Online
    (PC)
    I actually buy weed from a guy who plays this game. I'm not kidding, he multiboxes it with a laptop. He says it's good, it looks kind of cool but I forget the name of it as soon as I leave as never looked it up. It's free so try it out: Dungeon Fighter Online

Verdict: TRY
    Mortal Online
    (PC)
    I tried this game after we got banned in Conquer. It sucks dick

Tenstones Gaming Community does not support piracy these reviews are intended solely for comedic value.

Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Broke Ass Preview: Kirby's Epic Yarn
      by Bob

So far Iím pretty sure the only point of this game is to collect furniture for your house. The game is essentially a simulator for going to IKEA. Each level you wander around very stylish areas looking for the only things not made out of yarn: furniture and other house decorations. This game is defiantly targeted at kids, you canít die, the only thing that makes it at all challenging, just like IKEA, is the layout and finding the furniture, which is optional you can just clear the level...
      Oct. 17th 2010, 11:04 AM
    • Broke Ass Preview: Sonic 4: Episode 1
      by Bob
      Thereís been no shortage of shitty games since I last had time to write a preview, but I can tell you this is not one of them. This Sonic done right, remember that abomination Sonic Unleashed? Fuck that game. They took the lock-on mid air dash from it and put it into Sonic 2, updated all the graphics, and added a few new features (watch the video at 1:45). The controls are perfect, 1 button does everything. Thereís also an online leaderboard of the fastest clear times and by looking at it I dis...
      Oct. 14th 2010, 1:53 PM
    • Weekly Broke Ass Previews: 8/15/10
      by Bob

Sorry for I missed a few weeks, I was dead thanks for caring assholes. Anyway there's a whole slew of new turds to smell this week. Gold turds, Japanese turds, Klingon turds, gay biker turds, Goose turds, and my favorite, fat titty turds.

15 Aug 2010
      Aug. 17th 2010, 12:35 PM
    • Weekly Broke Ass Previews: 7/18/10
      by Bob

My previews are clearly making a difference because this week there actually is a shortage of shitty games. I'm sure next week will be chalked full but week I've only got two for you.

20 July 2010
      Jul. 20th 2010, 8:02 PM
    • Weekly Broke Ass Previews: 7/11/10
      by Bob

The shitty games are in no short supply this week. Ranging from oversized rats and talking dogs to knights battling ninjas just about every base is covered this week. The only thing missing is Kanye West Rock Band and Iím pretty sure that comes out next month (autotune sold separately).

11 July 2010
      Jul. 12th 2010, 8:00 PM
    • Weekly Broke Ass Previews: 6/27/10
      by Bob

After a week off creating illegitimate children across the country in celebration of Father's Day I've returned with another batch of previews. This week has a wide variety of games that may or may not include: Farming, Cultivation, Sexual Animals, Space, Obscure Fetishes, Mud Wrestling, Prostitution, Aerobics, and Tax Evasion.

27 Jun 2010
      Jun. 29th 2010, 1:03 AM
    Working...
    X