So we're back after a brief break with a great game that I doubt any of you have played, Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga. This is a game that's somewhat similar to the Paper Mario series, but more action-oriented. You can jump to avoid enemy attacks in battle and the game has a ton of platforming elements. Though this has its drawbacks, as I'll explain.

The story in this game is that the evil hermaphrodite (it's heavily implied) Cackletta has stolen the Princess' voice, which he/she wants to use to reactivate the Beanstar, an object that would allow her/him to rule the world with her/his penivag. Mario, Luigi, and even Bowser are pissed off (he loves hearing her scream I guess) and go to the nearby land of Beanville to save her. It's not an amazing story by any means, but it's a nice break from the typical "Bowser kidnaps Peach" plot. The story manages to remain interesting with a few twists here and there.

The game is also hilarious. Mario and Luigi don't really talk, but they pantomime everything which can be very funny. The game also looks nice, and the music is mostly good, though there are some bad tracks. The big problem I have with this game is the control. The way this game is played, Mario and Luigi walk in a line and you control the one in front with A and the one in back with B. They each get a variety of different skills, which are all mapped to these two buttons. You switch which skill you want to use with the L and R buttons, and switch who's in front with start. Sound confusing? You bet your ass it is, and with about 10 different skills in total it's a total bitch switching positions and moves constantly. It honestly took me about 10 hours before I could get to the skill I wanted to use without fucking up, and the game is only about 12 hours long. It's hard to explain how annoying this is, but play it and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Overall it's a great game. The game is a decent length, it's a good challenge, and it's just plain fun to play. However, the control gets really frustrating at times and parts of the game are pretty repetitive. Nevertheless, I highly recommend downloading it.

Overall: 8.8/10