Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

GTA San Andreas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 GTA San Andreas

I'm not all about the classic consoles. Here's one from 2004:

Now I'm not going to lie, I'm not overly fond of this game. I love the GTA games, but I don't really like San Andreas. I can see why other people would like it, but I just can't get into it. First, the story doesn't appeal to me. It's like, you're a black guy who wears green and you kill black guys who wear purple for the first 10 hours of the game. After you get out of the first city the game just gets weird. The only boss I really liked was the blind chinese guy, the rest of them were pretty dumb.

The graphics aren't bad, but they really aren't much better than any of the other games in the series. The map is huge, but honestly I think it's too big. Large cities are great, but I don't want to drive through 15 minutes of empty countryside to travel between them, it's pointless and by the time I get there I don't care anymore. The cities themselves aren't that great either. Los Santos is nice, but San Fierro is pretty much all the same and Las Venturas is a ring road around a main strip, it's like a giant asscrack.

The game controls well, I can't complain about anything there. There's nothing completely bad about the game, there's just a lot of annoying aspects. Like eating/working out, the ridiculous amount of oysters, spray tags, horse shoes, etc to collect, some of the missions, and the fucking licenses you have to earn to do anything. The worst thing is, when you collect all of something the reward of weapons is only delivered to one of your safehouses. This means you have to travel for like half an hour if you want to use all of the weapons you've unlocked because god forbid they all go to every location like they did in the other games. Assholes.

I know I've been pretty negative on the game, but it's still Grand Theft Auto and it's still a good game. It just doesn't really add anything worthwhile to the series. Vice City was a huge step up from GTA3. San Andreas basically took everything and made it bigger, and in some cases more annoying. Yeah I want to eat every 5 minutes in a game, that's so much fun. Also the music selection sucks, there are some great songs but there's nothing you won't hear on any radio station today. Sorry, usually I'm done complaining about the game by the last paragraph.

Overall: 6.9/10: Good, but flawed.
    Last edited by Bob; Sep. 4th 2008, 11:37 PM.
    HE LISTENS TO THE FUCKING SMITHS
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS A TRENCHCOAT
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS BLACK TIGHTS
    HE WRITES POETRY
    HE WEARS BLACK LIPSTICK
    UNDER HIS MUSTACHE

HE'S GOT A ROLLERCOASTER HAIRCUT
    HE DYES IT JET BLACK
    BUT HIS HAIR IS REALLY BROWN
    JUST LIKE HIS MUSTACHE