Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

Final Fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNES Final Fight

Final Fight was a hugely popular arcade beat 'em up. Pick one of three characters, go through Metro City and beat the shit out of everyone you see to rescue the mayor's kidnapped daughter, it's a classic. Then it was ported to the SNES. Was this a good idea? Well read and find out, cockmongler.

First off, see Guy? Yeah don't expect to play as him on the Super Nintendo. They took him out (and level 5, and 2 player mode) due to space constraints. Cody and Haggar are ok, but Guy kicks ass. Haggar is the mayor of Metro City, which makes him the first mayor in history to do something himself instead of holding meetings and debates about it. Fuck you Anne Marie DeCicco, why don't you beat up the homeless people yourself instead of asking for public opinion? Because you're lazy, that's why.

This isn't a great screenshot, but the graphics are really good for the time. Large characters and detailed backgrounds made the game stand out from similar games at the time. The music is a mixed bag, some levels have crappy music but other songs are great. I especially like the song during the first part of level 4. I hum it while peeing at a public urinal, often other people join in.

There's a whole lot of homoeroticism in Final Fight, but it's a good game nonetheless. Though castrated compared to the arcade version, the game is mostly intact and what's there is fun. The game is pretty hard, but that adds to the replay value. There are no control issues, the hit detection is well done, and you can beat up fat people. Fat people deserve to be hit. I recommend you punch a fat chick every day.

Overall 7.6/10: Haggar's mustache approves
    Last edited by Bob; Sep. 4th 2008, 11:36 PM.
    HE LISTENS TO THE FUCKING SMITHS
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS A TRENCHCOAT
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS BLACK TIGHTS
    HE WRITES POETRY
    HE WEARS BLACK LIPSTICK
    UNDER HIS MUSTACHE

HE'S GOT A ROLLERCOASTER HAIRCUT
    HE DYES IT JET BLACK
    BUT HIS HAIR IS REALLY BROWN
    JUST LIKE HIS MUSTACHE
    HE WANTS TO BE ROBERT SMITH
    BUT WITH A MUSTACHE
    HE'S A FUCKING ART FAG
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE

Re: Final Fight

Final Fight was the shit. Gotta love the burly roar of Haggar when he did his little spinning bitch slap move.

Comment

Working...
    X