Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

Evilbob's Daily Reviews: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNES Evilbob's Daily Reviews: Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest

Here's the bastard child of the Final Fantasy series, Mystic Quest. Square made this dumbed down RPG to appeal to the US consumers, who we all know are idiots. I mean let's face it, you elected George W Bush twice. Reading the box makes you feel like a retard, "entry level gaming" and free strategy guides make you feel like you're playing the Hooked On Phonics version of Final Fantasy.

For a game that was supposed to be easy they certainly made the first battle difficult. It takes me like 5 attempts to kill him, then I never die again in the game. That makes sense. The battles are straightforward RPG fare, but in this game you can only have one other person in your party at a time. Because, you know, Americans can't count to 3.

[media][media]http://bp0.blogger.com/_rLvX--57qRc/RgQe52pDOHI/AAAAAAAAAMk/SwyLQISzx8c/s1600/Final%2BFantasy%2BMystic%2BQuest%2B0003.bmp[/media][/media]
    I don't know about their language choice either. I mean this game seems to be geared towards kids, dropping the F-bomb seems kind of counter productive. The game has some half assed action elements, like Zelda only much worse. The story is the typical pre-FF6 "get the crystals for some reason", not horrible but it's been done before and much better too.

The graphics are pretty good for an NES game. I mean they aren't the greatest, but they aren't horrible either. Wait, this is a Super Nintendo game. Fuck them then. The music is decent, the only song I really like is the one that reminds me of that No Doubt song. Man Gwen Stefani is hot. Like bonerly hot.

Damn.

Overall score: 10/10, those legs are fucking amazing.
    Last edited by Bob; Sep. 4th 2008, 11:34 PM.
    HE LISTENS TO THE FUCKING SMITHS
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS A TRENCHCOAT
    HE'S GOT A MUSTACHE
    HE WEARS BLACK TIGHTS
    HE WRITES POETRY
    HE WEARS BLACK LIPSTICK
    UNDER HIS MUSTACHE

HE'S GOT A ROLLERCOASTER HAIRCUT
    HE DYES IT JET BLACK
    BUT HIS HAIR IS REALLY BROWN
    JUST LIKE HIS MUSTACHE