Announcement

Collapse

Help Keep Tenstones Alive

I fully updated the site and I'm looking to revive this community. I've been paying for it for years and I did just drop a decent amount to bring it up to date. Click here to show your support:

Anyone donates to support this revival, I can offer an @tenstones.net Google account as thanks.
See more
See less

The Simpsons: Hit and Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evilbob
    replied
    Re: The Simpsons: Hit and Run

GOD FORBID A LACK OF REALISM IN A SIMPSONS GAME

Leave a comment:

• MasterFunk
    replied

This game fucking sucked dick.

Nothing fucking worked, controls were shit, people sounded nothing like they should, and the cars drove after they've been exploded so far beyond realism they were blackend steel frames, ( if its enough to blow the motor so far out of the car it become nonexistint, dont you think the steel frame would be dented at all?)

IT STILL DRIVES, THERES NO WHEELS OR MOTOR

Leave a comment:

• Bob
    replied

Hmm I might pick this up.

Leave a comment:

• Evilbob
    started a topic PS2 The Simpsons: Hit and Run

The Simpsons: Hit and Run

There have been tons of Simpsons games over the years, and most of them are crap. Outside of the Simpsons arcade game, there really weren't many good games featuring everyone's favorite family (outside of the Manson family anyway). Then someone looked at GTA 3, thought "Holy shit, people like that", and decided to rip it off hardcore. Did they succeed? Will I post pictures of Gwen Stefani? Does anyone really give a shit? Read on and find out.

What we have here is a free roaming game like GTA 3 and the like. You walk or drive around and find various missions to do, as well as try to find hidden items and such to unlock secrets. Is it original? No, but it's a good game and that's what really matters.

The game has a ton of references to various episodes of the show. You play as Homer, Marge, Lisa, Bart, and Apu for some reason. There are 7 levels, but only 3 of these are unique, the rest are slightly altered versions of the original 3. They're all large levels, so this isn't as bad as you might think. The graphics are good, there are a ton of different sound clips, and the game controls ok. There are some issues with some of the jumps you have to make, but usually it's decent. 3D games like this rarely have good platforming sections, which is probably why GTA games don't have you jumping around like an asshole.

My only complaint about this game is that the missions are very repetitive. There are really only 4 different missions, they just slightly alter them multiple times. The last 4 or so missions suck balls, they're all the exact same. Fuck that. Nonetheless, this is a great game for Simpsons fans. All the in-jokes and references alone make it worth it. It's only like $0.50 now too.

Overall: 7.8/10 - Cool beaners
    Last edited by Bob; May. 28th 2010, 6:51 PM. Reason: Images
Working...
X